Tuesday, October 7, 2008

First days in the Philippines

  • Everything is really different here in the Philippines.Today is Tuesday, my p-day, we were able to go to the temple and then go shopping and now just out working. My trainer is from Hawaii, Elder 'Ulu'ave. My first day here we just took our bags and went out to work. The first person we met was our ward mission leader, cool huh. We talked to him and then Bro. Mojar also the ward mission leader who is a tricycle driver took us to our first lesson, Chito and his wife. They will get baptised when they quit smoking.
  • The food is different and they eat all day and it makes me sick but I'm getting used to it, and mom I drink plenty of water so have no worries. The rain is crazy and I sweat all day but its not to bad.
  • I don't understand a single thing the people say. They talk so fast and so much slang that its crazy but they say I'm doing pretty good.
  • The church is way different, no carpet at all. The traffic is super crazy, no laws, no speed limit, nothing, not even traffic lights really. Everyone just goes and squeezes in and does what they want but I have only seen one accident.
  • But everything is going really really good.

No comments: