Thursday, October 23, 2008

Things are a little better now!!!

  • Well I miss the fall weather. Here it's just hot and hot and hot, and it rains like nobodies business. It will be perfectly sunny and then all of a sudden rain really hard. Its crazy, but its nice and I'm getting used to the way people live here and so its getting a lot better.
  • I have found the food I'm going to live off of the next 2 years. Pancit Canton (like Ramen noodles), corned beef on top of my rice with egg mixed in, and tang mixed in my drink (pineapple is the best) and I eat one orange a morning and I'm starting to have oatmeal. I have it all planned out and everything. IT'S GREAT!!!!! But its getting a lot better here.
  • There is a leather person that does work for the missionaries and I got my scriptures all leather bound and my preach my Gospel too. It's really cool.
  • I was talking to my comp. and he told me I had nothing to worry about because in 20 months I know I'm going home. That really helped me. And Missionaries have 16 transfers and thats how they tell how long you have been out, so thats better to think about too. But everything is going really good.
  • I actually really like washing all my clothes by hand. And the people are really cool. I especially like the little kids. I love playing with them and trying to understand them and try to talk to them so its really fun.
  • Everybody is starting to ask me how we do things in the states, especially in the church.
  • Mom could you find the movie TOGETHER FOREVER? I NEED IT IN TAGALOG. And I need new insoles for my shoes. I have already worn them out. I love my shoes but I need new pads for them.
  • And Curtis you are an awesome example, thanks for everything that you have done.
  • Thanks for everything you guys are great. Love to all !!! Brett

2 comments:

Quinney Family said...

It is so great to be able to keep up with everyone through this blog world. I am so glad you enjoy F.R.O.G. as much as we do. Simple, but true. Brett sounds like he is learning to love where he is at. We love you all and think of you often.
JEnnylin

Mike and Linda Bringhurst said...

What a great way to keep up with Brett. Sounds like he is doing great and learning to adjust to alot of changes. We love hearing about Brett, but Shari....we would love to hear news about you and Steve too. (I'm sure you are busy too) Keep us posted. We checked your kids blogs too and sounds like all is good with the loveless crowd. love you guys,
linda